Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Day 14: Amigurumi

Day 14 of the YARNutopia 30 Day Photo Challenge is 'Amigurumi'

It doesn't come as a surprise to anyone how much I love Amigurumi. It's one of my favorite things to make. Mostly because I feel like I get better and better with each one I make. My stitches become tighter, sewing on limbs because easier and a smoother transition. 

I have had so many things I have made for customers, given away as gifts or just made because I thought it was cute and I wanted to make it.

The one item I am overly proud of making was this elephant. I found the pattern via Pinterest. But as the website opened I realized the pattern was in Russian and the pattern itself was an image file, so Google couldn't even translate it for me. I was able to make out a majority of the pieces by just looking at the numbers and how they increased and decreased. The ears caused me some serious issues, so I searched online for a Russian keyboard and I was able to type in what I *thought* the word was and match the letters. I have to admit, it was A LOT of fun.  

When I got an order for a 2nd elephant I knew what to expect and was able to make it in no time at all and with much more confidence and less hesitation. 



Happy Crocheting! ~ Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment