Saturday, June 17, 2017

Day 17: Scraps

Day 17 of the YARNutopia 30 Day Photo Challenge is 'Scraps'

I use to save all my scraps thinking I would be able to use them. But if they are smaller than 6 inches they get tossed in the trash. If I know I am making a small amigurumi part I will save some yarn and use it as stuffing, The yarn works great for small pieces, especially if they are in the same color family as the piece I am stuffing. 

I read once how you can put them outside for the birds to use as nesting material, but then also read how it's bad for them. So if anyone has a good use for small scraps, I would be happy to hear them.

Most days scraps get put in the trash pretty quickly, but other days you can find them on the floor under my chair at my desk; where I do most of my crocheting. I vacuumed yesterday so this picture is what is currently hanging out with me. It's from making crochet water balloons from Left in Knots




Full disclosure, there have been many times I have thought a spider or some other nasty looking bug was hanging out with me, only to find it was a piece of yarn.....Haha! 

Happy Crocheting! ~ Amanda 





No comments:

Post a Comment