Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Day 21: Stitches

Day 21 of the YARNutopia 30 Day Photo Challenge is 'Stitches'

Last year I started a temperature Afghan. You make a color chart, typically in temperature ranges for whatever area you are in. Since I live in the midwest my temps ranged from below 0 to above 90. And then I decided how many colors I wanted and broke down the temps and assigned a color to the temp range. Then you check the temp for that day (I used the temp at noon, others use that day's high or low). You then use that color for one stripe of the blanket. The project was a lot of fun and I was in a group on Facebook where everyone was sharing their blankets. Since we lived all over the world, used different colors it was so much fun to see all the colorful creations. 
Most people used just one stitch and I did start off that way, but it was too simple and plain for me. I wanted variety, textures, and a little bit of chaos. I am sad to admit I didn't finish the whole year for the blanket; I decided to just do half a year. It became way to time consuming and I wasn't able to other projects so I was stressed out about it and I just wasn't enjoying it the way I wanted.

I still get joy from the different stitches though! So that's a win in my eyes!

First month

Happy Stitching! ~ Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment