Sunday, June 18, 2017

Day 18: Hands

Day 18 of the YARNutopia 30 Day Photo Challenge is 'Hands'

When I checked the list and saw today was 'hands'. I got way more emotional than I thought I would when I think of my hands. 
In all honesty I don't think much about them or what they have done or accomplished.  
But sitting here to make the blog post and I realized how much these hands have done in my short 37 years. 

Written letters of friendship, love, hate, hellos and goodbyes. 
I've held numerous sleeping babies, fed them, changed them. 
Raised my amazing daughter...
Taught my daughter to eat, drink, walk, ride a bike....
Put a ring on my husband's finger as we said, 'I do!'....

Stay in communication with friends and family through text, emails or instant messaging.
Wiped tears, my own and others....

The list can go on and on...but the enjoyment I get out of making something out of them is so therapeutic. 

I've always been the type to want to stay busy. I love playing video games, reading, baking, and of course crafting.
I love the fact my hands can turn a ball of yarn into something amazing! I am grateful for my thumbs that aren't the same (yeah..weird I know! HA!) The scars from injuries growing up (freak hedge clipper accident, I am lucky wasn't worse). 


Our hands have so much power to do so much! 


Happy Creating! ~ Amanda 


No comments:

Post a Comment